In this month’s newsletter, we will update you on exciting news for Renzulli Learning, useful tips about using the platform, and white papers, which will provide value to you and your students.
Join us at Confratute in July 2018!
Confratute is the longest running summer institute on enrichment-based differentiated teaching held at the University of Connecticut for over 40 years!
Confratute is geared toward providing educators with research-based practical strategies for engagement and enrichment learning for all students, as well as meeting the needs of gifted and talented students.
In-depth Training in the Schoolwide Enrichment Model; Differentiating Instruction & Curriculum; Literacy & Reading; Math Enrichment; Innovative Technology Applications; Instructional & Cluster Grouping; Underachievement; and more.
- Mini-Keynotes about relevant research and trends in regular and gifted education.
- Special Topic Sessions on a variety of topics such as creativity, thinking skills, underachievement, and more.
- Evening Forum Sessions to help you develop individual action plans for talent development and differentiation.
- SEM Leaders Forum strands designed for principals and administrators on curriculum development and more.
- Invited Speakers who are authors and researchers such as Joseph Renzulli, Sally Reis, Susan Baum, Marcia Gentry, Sandra Kaplan, Jann Leppien, Rachel McAnallen, and Del Siegle.
Learn More at: https://confratute.uconn.edu
Register at: https://confratute.uconn.edu/registration
Renzulli English Language Learning Accelerator (ELLA) leverages the proven student achievement principles of Renzulli Learning and applies them to English Language Learning (ELL).
Research demonstrates that ELL Learners attain higher achievement scores when educators use personalized instruction and collaborative grouping with native English-speaking peers.
Renzulli Learning ELLA:
- Allows educators to easily personalize instruction and assign learning activities tailored to each student’s ability and strengths
- Enables ELL students to be assigned personalized activities in Renzulli Learning at their English language proficiency level
- Enhances student achievement using the principles of Renzulli Learning, such as interest-based enrichment and project based learning and applies them to ELL
- Provides an easy cost-effective differentiation system for teachers to Close the Achievement Gap for ELL students
To learn more about Renzulli ELLA, click the button below
Tip of the Month
Each month, Jeanne Pascon, our Director of Professional Development and Client Support, will provide a valuable user tip! This month’s tip is on running reports.
Did you know that as a Teacher, you can run reports by grade or school, or by your own customized student groups? You can select reports from Profiler results such as Students by Common Interest Areas, Learning Styles, and Expression Styles. You can create and print a list of all students Top 3 Profiler Results as well! Can you imagine how this will affect your teaching, your classroom, your students, every day? Check out the “Reports Tab” in the Teacher Site!
If you have Manager access – you have even more Reports options! You can run the same reports as a Teacher, but for the whole school. Additionally, you have more options so that you can look at the usage of Renzulli Learning in your school or district and determine your needs for Professional Development – both for training within the Renzulli Learning platform as well as general instruction based on your schools’ Profiler results! Check out your Dashboard for overall bar graphs and quick links in the Report Finder, or click the “Reports” tab for more options.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel! We will continue to add more helpful content!
Beyond Your Local Classroom
Get Paid To Teach English Abroad
Looking for a fun and inexpensive way to travel? Take the internationally recognized TESOL course (onsite or online) and get paid to teachabroad.
Pre-screened, guaranteed paid teaching jobs are available year ’round if you are interested in teaching abroad in Thailand, South Korea, Myanmar or China. Each teaching position is full time, and includes a
great salary, benefits and orientation.Are you already a full-time classroom teacher in your country?If you only have summer months off and would like to travel and get paid to teach abroad for 1 or 2 months … you can do that in Thailand. This opportunity is exclusive to full time teachers who need to return to their classroom in the fall, but would enjoy this experience in the summer.
Click here to read more about Paid Teach Abroad and the experiences of some of our participants
White Paper of the Month
The Effects of the Use of Renzulli Learning on Student Achievement in Reading Comprehension, Reading Fluency, Social Studies, and Science
This article discusses the effect of the use of Renzulli Learning on student achievement in grades 3-8. In this experimental study, quantitative procedures were used to investigate the use of Renzulli Learning on oral reading fluency, reading comprehension, science achievement, social studies achievement of 383 elementary and middle schools students. The research took place in two schools, an urban middle school in Georgia where half of all students are considered to be at risk due to poverty or other factors, and a suburban elementary school in southern California.
Click the button below to read the whole article
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
RenzulliLearning.com | +1 (203) 680-8301
A division of LPI Learning