The Renzulli Learning System is based on the research of Drs. Joseph Renzulli and Sally Reis, the Renzulli Learning System works because it is centered on how personalization and differentiation—constructed around a student’s interests, learning styles, and expression styles—inspire learning.
Renzulli Learning includes Four Key Components:
1. The Renzulli Profiler
The Renzulli Profiler uses strengths-based assessment to identify a student’s top three interests, learning styles and expression styles – usually in under an hour.
2. The Renzulli Differentiation Search Engine
This lesson-planning tool enables teachers to create a highly engaging learning environment that empowers students to achieve more in the classroom for better academic results.
3. Grouping and Reporting Tools
Renzulli Learning makes it easy for teachers to group and report on their profiled students by their shared strengths, interests, learning and expression styles.
4. Personal Success Plan
Designed specifically to help middle and high school students develop critical thinking skills, the Renzulli Personal Success Plan shows students how to create tangible academic and career goals and develop plans for achieving those goals.
5. The Total Talent Portfolio
The RLS has on-line portfolios to store student’s work. It is accessible anytime, anywhere, and can transport student information from grade-to-grade or school-to-school. The portfolio records enrichment sites visited, favorite sites, students’ assessments of the on-line Renzulli resources, as well as any projects and assignments students have completed. Teachers and parents can review this portfolio at any time.
Further information on the features of the Renzulli Learning System can be found in an article authored by Drs. Renzulli and Reis in the International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning.
Additional Renzulli Learning System Features:
- The Renzulli Reports: a series of management tools for teachers, administrators and parents, designed to help follow individual students’ learning progression, analyze group usage patterns, and formulate lesson plans and classroom organization
- Enrichment Activities for each student: Thousands of web sites in areas of interest for exploration, also known as Renzulli “Type I” exploration
- Inbox Messaging for Teachers and Students within the secure and private Renzulli Learning System.
- Customization Groups: Grouping of students according to profile results for differentiation purposes, which is useful when assigning lessons or working in a secondary classroom environment
- Collaborative Grouping for students, including a group message board, which is helpful for group projects.
- College and Career Readiness Program: Renzulli learning has several components which assist students with college and career preparations and direction. These features include:
- The Personal Success Plan (PSP) provides career assessment, planning, and activities for students grade 5 and above
- edX advanced high level courses from universities including: Harvard, MIT, Princeton, and 25 of the top 50 Universities in the world
- The Total Talent Portfolio is a platform where students can showcase their work for university admissions and career portfolios.
- ELL Accelerator
- PreK Profiler
- New Profiler Languages – with more being added everyday!
- edX courses for secondary student acceleration and enrichment
- Dynamic Profiler Design
- Relaunch of the Renzulli Learning Home Edition
- Updated Teacher Help and Resources pages – with more on the way!
- Student Self Registration
- Google Integration
- SAML Integration
- OneRoster Integration
- System redesign for a modernized look & feel
- Enhanced project management with more robust note-taking and citation support
- Refined student portfolio feature
- A Global Education Community for sharing and collaboration!
- Mobile App